We have an immediate, full-time opening.
Sensitile is a growing, Ypsilanti, Michigan-based company that designs and custom manufactures unique architectural materials, which are often packaged with compatible low voltage lighting systems to achieve stunning results.
The ultimate common goal is to ensure easy installation of both our innovative materials and mating lighting systems, and to provide high-quality support during the process of design, installation, and entire life cycle of the product.
This can only be achieved with careful assembly to approved specifications and an in-depth understanding and documentation of components used to create the final system.
Candidates must be technologically savvy and have a sensitivity to design aesthetic and accuracy. An impeccable attention to detail while maintaining production efficiency and the motivation to achieve high standards in individual and process improvement, workplace safety, and environmental practice goals is essential.
- Assist with the selection of appropriate low voltage LED lighting components based upon a thorough understanding of project specific requirements, such as: outdoor/indoor; wet/dry; color changing/white/racing/steady/other effects/conditions.
- Obtain pricing and availability information from vendors and present this information to management to aid in estimating and purchasing.
- Read blueprints and shop drawings and create wiring diagrams incorporating the components as systems that integrate with Sensitile’s products.
- Create bill of materials and purchase requisitions for the components required for each project. Ensure that correct parts are received on time and in good order, tagged for the project, and stored methodically for use during assembly.
- Assemble lighting system per approved wiring diagram; this includes:
— Fabrication of light aluminum extrusions, LED housing, and hardware
— Bonding and assembly of LED and focusing lenses
— Wire stripping, soldering, or crimping wire to components
— Use of appropriate connector
- Test and adjust assembled lighting components for maximum compatibility with materials manufactured for each project, internal quality control, and documentation
- Program LED controller(s) per customer specifications
- Document as built condition
- Label components in keeping with the approved wiring diagram
- Create set-up and user instructions by integrating manufacturer’s instructions for the components with the final system configuration
- Package lighting components for safe transit
- Assist with phone/email support and troubleshooting of lighting systems
- Keep work area organized, efficient, and productive
- Aid in maintaining and obtaining UL listings and/or testing
- Meticulous, organized attention to detail, critical thinker and willing to learn
- Enthusiastic and able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Can reliably and consistently work 40 hours per week
- Team player with good communications skills
- Able to use both US customary (inch) and metric (mm) systems, and tools of measure
- Willing to work outside the “job description”
- Prior experience in the LED lighting industry/custom construction/or other technical fields are a strong plus
- Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Design Software
- Word Processing Software (Word)
- Electronic Mail Software (Outlook)
Candidates can upload their resume; see below.
Sensitile is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We appreciate your interest in our Company and assure you that we are interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will aid us in seeking to place you in a position which, in our judgment, best meets your qualifications.We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or handicap, height, weight or any other protected status.