We have an immediate, full-time opening.
Sensitile is a growing, Ypsilanti, Michigan-based company that designs and custom manufactures unique architectural materials. We are looking to add to our creative team outstanding individuals with sensitivity to design aesthetic and accuracy, as well as impeccable attention to detail while maintaining production efficiency.
- Read shop drawings/tickets.
- Stone finishing (grinding, staining, finishing) in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Plan and lay out work to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Load/unload materials on/from machines/processing tables for/after processing.
- Monitor, adjust, and record production processes or equipment parameters for quality and productivity.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products.
Tools, equipment, and software used:
- Pneumatic hand-polishing equipment.
- Paint spraying and rolling equipment.
- Calipers, levels, and gauges.
- Templates and jigs.
- Screwdrivers and basic hand tools.
- Forklift and Pallet Jack.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with attention to detail – Ability to think beyond a “job description” and eagerness to collaborate, contribute, and grow with a fledgling company.
- Detailed record-keeping ability.
- Communicative with good teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in an industrial environment and feel comfortable wearing safety equipment, such as gloves, safety glasses, and steel-toe boots. Previous experience in a manufacturing setting a plus.
- Consistent and reliable availability to work full time (40+ hours weekly).
Candidates can upload their resume; see below.
Sensitile is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We appreciate your interest in our Company and assure you that we are interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will aid us in seeking to place you in a position which, in our judgment, best meets your qualifications.We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or handicap, height, weight or any other protected status.