- Purpose. The information we learn from customers allows us to personalize and continually improve the total experience at sesitile.com. It allows us to communicate with you regarding the Web site and your orders or purchases made through sensitile.com. It also allows you to communicate with us in some ways. Users of the Web site can access limited features of this Web site without disclosing personal information. In order to access the entire Web site, users must register for an account, which will provide the registrant with full access to the Web site, including access to the Web site’s forums, message boards and chat rooms.
- Types of Information. We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Information is collected from you when you do the following activities: search, buy, bid, post a review or opinion, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. Other information we collect can be: name and address (to fulfill an order placed), e-mail address, items stored in a wanted item list, buying and searching patterns, any reviews submitted and accompanying information, credit card information supplied, shipping information, and financial information, including Social Security numbers and Driver’s License numbers. This list is not exclusive, and may be altered without notice based on information that you supply voluntarily
- Right to Refrain from Giving Information. You have a right to refrain from giving us certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of all of our features. We use the information that you provide us to enhance our services, such as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Information Sought During Registration. During the account registration process, you will be asked to submit personal information, including your proper name and at least one active e-mail address. At this time, you will also have the opportunity to subscribe to any and all Web site newsletters regarding Sensitile’s product news, services and special offers or events. Registrants can also unsubscribe to these newsletters at any time by updating registration account information online.
- Information Sought During Web site Sweepstakes or Contests. When the Web site offers sweepstakes or contests, personal information is collected with the purpose of notifying you if you win the sweepstakes or contest. This information may also be used for marketing purposes.
- E-mail Communications. We communicate and make special offers available via email. To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from sensitile.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We often receive email lists from other companies who offer similar services to ours. To avoid sending duplicate emails to our customers, we may compare our customer list to these lists received from other companies. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your e-mail contact preferences.
More about Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide enhanced features such as accelerated purchasing, customized and personalized shopping suggestions, personalized greetings, and storage of items in your shopping bag between visits. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page, so that when you visit the site again, the experience will be personalized. Most Web browsers have the ability to accept cookies, reject cookies, or to prompt the user before accepting them. The help portion of the toolbar of your browser will tell you how to select the option that suits you best. If you choose to set your computer to accept cookies from this Web site, you may also choose to be logged into the site automatically. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the this Web site or the other Web sites that you visit and you may experience technical problems receiving current information from such cookie-disabled Web sites.
Use of Web Beacons. Sensitile’s Web site pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons—also referred to as single-pixel gifs—that permit Sensitile to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Web site statistics—(e.g., recording the popularity of certain Web site content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on Sensitile’s Web sites; they are solely used to compile aggregated statistics concerning the use of the Sensitile’s Web sites. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, the time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
Supplemental Software. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at sensitile.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- Storage and Transfer of Personally Identifiable Information. Sensitile may store and process in the United States or any other country in which Sensitile or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities. By using Sensitile’s Web sites, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
- Information from Other Sources. Occasionally, we supplement the information that we receive that has been outlined above with information from other sources and companies. Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
- Information You Can Access. Information collection and processing is designed to better assist you in shopping and using our site. Some of the information that we may collect and process may be accessed by you. Examples of information you may be able to access at sensitile.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book, and fast ordering settings); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate, gift card, and check balances); e-mail notification settings; recommendations (including recent product view history, and prior order history); shopping lists; and your personal area (including your product reviews, requests, and recommendations).
USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
Sensitile collects and uses your personal information in order to operate its Web site and to provide its online and electronic services. The information that we collect about our customers and users is an important part of our business. We respect and value this information, and do not want to jeopardize the flow of information between our customers and the site. Therefore, we are not in the business of selling this information to other Web sites or businesses. The collection of your e-mail address, name and address during account registration enables Sensitile to send you any requested newsletter(s) or to send you any requested mailings or offers. Information concerning your geographical location is used to determine if Sensitile should provide regionalized information to its customers. Except as otherwise stated below, the personal information you provide on this site will not be shared with any third-parties, although Sensitile reserves the right to share such information with its affiliates, subsidiaries and independent sales representatives without your permission.
- Disclosure Regarding Service Providers. Sensitile may contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting this Web site, product review pages, sending out information or promotional offers that may be of interest to you (e.g., via email, direct mail, or on mobile devices), processing credit card payments, delivering goods, providing customer service, performing statistical analysis of our services and analyzing this Web site. We provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to deliver those services. We prohibit these companies and their employees from using that personal information for any other purpose.
- Disclosure Regarding Other Third Parties. Sensitile provides links to send e-mail messages to this Web site for your convenience and your e-mail address is used so that this Web site may reply to your inquiry. Sensitile may track the pages on this Web site that our customers visit in order to determine which areas of the site are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within the Web site to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. In some cases, if we have your permission, we will make your personal information available to third parties who have products or services that we believe will be of interest to you. If you later decide that you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies you can contact us. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
The securing of your personal information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your information. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and there is always a risk in transmitting information electronically. The personal information we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our service providers. We use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Of course, any information that you post to any message board, discussion group, or other public posting area on this Web site is available to anyone with Internet access.
If you create an account on sensitile.com, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your online account information shall be protected by your password. This password can be changed at any time after you first log into the service by using your current password. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to any other person. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out of the Web site before leaving it to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
COMMUNITIES AND FORUMS OFFERED ON THIS WEBSITE
Any personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data that you disclose through the Communities, Forums, Message Boards, Chat Rooms, or other public online forums hosted on this Web site, may be collected and used by others. We recommend caution when giving out personal information to others in these public online forums. Sensitile encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to visit via hyper-links posted on this Web site so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Sensitile is not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on third-party Web sites accessed through Sensitile’s Web site.
USER ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OF INFORMATION
When you access your account, there is a variety of information that you may see. This is designed to allow you to update any changed information and view the information that you entered previously. This information is sensitive, and it is necessary to both protect this information and keep it current in order to have the best experience at our site.
You can access some of the information that we collect and process about you. For example, you can access information regarding recent orders from the Web site; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificates); e-mail notification settings; and prior order history.
With respect to your communications preferences, you can unsubscribe from newsletters by following the instructions included in the newsletter you receive. If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive newsletters, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for the newsletter. Occasionally, Sensitile will send out e-mails concerning Web site disruptions, new products and other news about Sensitile’s products and services. These e-mails are sent to all account holders and are not subscription-based. Such e-mails are considered a part of Sensitile’s service to the users of its Web site.
You always have the right to refrain from providing any information. This may have an impact on use of the site and on the ease of making purchases or taking advantage of certain unique features of the site.
- Prior Information. You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the directly above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Cookie Choices. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, affecting the acceptance of cookies means that you will not be able to use such important features as accelerated ordering and customized product suggestions.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use sensitile.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Sensitile is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and the E.U. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Web site. If you would like more information about the Safe Harbor program, please visit the Web site at http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
1735 Holmes Rd.
Ypsilanti, MI, 48198 USA
© 2017 Sensitile Systems LLC