Architecture Sales Representative
Primary functions of the representative will include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with customers, identify key decision makers, and build trusted business relationships with influencers and specifiers such as designers, architects, builders, contractors, dealers, spec writers, owners, construction managers to increase preference and demand for Sensitile materials and solutions.
- Analyze customer requests and ensure appropriate actions are taken promptly within the business; liaising with manufacturing, planning, and quality as necessary. Organize online meetings to facilitate efficient collaboration between the customer and the company when required.
- Assist Architectural and Design Professional customers with design consulting and product selections to complete their projects.
- Influence product specifications consistent with the company’s Product Plan that have a high likelihood of generating sales and ROI for the company**. Actively track projects** in the early design stages to influence the specification.
- Assess the commercial market and strategically build relationships with A&D professionals who have the ability to specify and influence sales of Sensitile products.
- Provide timely and accurate technical information for product specifications.
- Respond to the marketplace by providing value through being a knowledgeable rep with quick follow up. Answer phone calls and email in a prompt and professional manner. Manage day-to-day contact with buyers and other customer representatives.
- Follow-through Sales: Follow up to make sure that product information as provided is sufficient and specifications are held and enter the bid process. Possess the ability to multi-task and have diligent follow up skills.
- Network within the industry, to better launch and promote target products and programs. Monitor competitive activity and strategically promote Sensitile’s offering.
- Maintain current product knowledge and manage sample tools. Develop in-depth knowledge and expertise with regard to all Sensitile products and installation methods by attending tradeshows, presentations, workshops and organizing joint sales calls with company representatives.
- Conduct continuing education programs and box lunches to provide education on product characteristics or new products. Schedule regular product knowledge seminars with architectural and design firms using the proper presentation tools to clarify information i. e., product samples, power point presentation programs, and appropriate literature. A minimum of 40 required per year.
- Maintain sample libraries at design and architect firms in a clean and well-organized manner, keeping current with the latest introductions and removing discontinued products promptly.
- Emphasize new product promotion during sales calls presenting actual product samples which best represent the product in lieu of photos.
- Work and travel independently throughout assigned region to call on regular and prospective customers including Architects, Designers, Developers, General Contractors and National Accounts. Requiring 3-5 Calls per day with a minimum of 10-15 per week.
- Host plant visits and/or tours
Education & Knowledge:
- Requires BS/BA degree in Architecture, Design, Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and / or experience.
- Requires technical expertise/aptitude. If not already attained, will need to become AIA Certified to deliver CEU presentations. LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Preferred active membership in professional industry organizations (such as IIDA, ASID, AIA, CSI)
- Two or more years of sales or industry experience within the A&D community.
- Floor covering or slab sales and experience or knowledge with commercial glass products preferred.
- Previous experience in a technical field with commercial sales experience or customer exposure
- A minimum of two years of Architectural Sales experience or Project Management experience in an Architectural or Design firm is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written formats) and presentation skills
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative and possesses excellent analytical skills with a strong technical knowledge base to discuss client needs and make recommendations
- Computer proficiency, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Other industry related computer skills (CAD, REVIT, Sketch Up, Presentation software, etc.) are a plus
- Highly organized and able to maintain Project Files to include all drawings, correspondence, quotations, and customer communications
- Enthusiastic and motivated learner who is able to keep up with rapid innovation and assimilate new information
- Adept networker
- Maintain the ability to lift and transport samples weighing up to 40 lbs
- Possess a valid driver’s license
We appreciate your interest in our Company and assure you that we are interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will aid us in seeking to place you in a position which, in our judgment, best meets your qualifications.We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or handicap, height, weight or any other protected status.