CAD Production Technician
We have an immediate, full-time opening.
Sensitile is a growing, Ypsilanti, Michigan-based company that designs and custom manufactures unique architectural materials. We are looking to add to our creative team outstanding individuals with sensitivity to design aesthetic and accuracy, as well as impeccable attention to detail while maintaining production efficiency.
The ultimate common goal is to provide our customers innovative materials that require little or no fabrication or modification during installation.
This can only be achieved with careful manufacture to specifications approved by our customers.
Candidates must be motivated to achieve high standards in individual and process improvement, workplace safety, and environmental practices goals.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create shop drawings using AutoCAD® and other design software.
- Learn manufacturing process to create production drawings in AutoCAD for use internally.
- Project-relevant customer communication via phone and email may be required in order to finalize project details.
- Verify and document conformance of interim assemblies and completed orders to customer specifications, using squares, rulers, straight edges and measuring tape, and other quality control procedures.
- Compute dimensions, tolerances and angles, etc. of work-pieces according to knowledge of material and shop tools.
- Operate and maintain CNC machines that require AutoCAD input.
- Maintain detailed process records, recognize patterns, improve existing procedures, and create algorithms/protocols using available knowledge and experience.
- Create a bill of materials for production jobs and prepare requisitions for purchases as needed.
Qualities, skills, and requirements:
- Detail oriented and reliable.
- Enthusiastic and quick learner.
- Communicative and a good team player.
- Experience with CNC machines and woodworking knowledge is desirable.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Operational knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, and Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.
- Willingness need to spend long hours standing, lifting up to 50 pounds, and other material handling tasks as required in an exacting industrial environment.
- Able to reliably and consistently work 40 hours.
Candidates can upload their resume; see below.
Sensitile is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We appreciate your interest in our Company and assure you that we are interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will aid us in seeking to place you in a position which, in our judgment, best meets your qualifications.We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or handicap, height, weight or any other protected status.