Customer Support & Administrative Assistant
We have an immediate, full-time opening.
Sensitile is a growing, Ypsilanti, Michigan-based company that designs and custom manufactures unique architectural materials.
We are looking expand our team with outstanding individuals who can partner with our customers. This collaboration must be carried out with sensitivity to customer needs and a thorough understanding of Sensitile’s processes and workflows to ensure consistency and accuracy.
Individuals must have excellent communication skills and be able to acquire, at a minimum, a basic understanding of the process of design, order placement, manufacturing, shipping, and installation of our unique materials.
An understanding of available resources on Sensitile’s website and the ability to aid customers in navigating the website and assisting them in locating required information is essential.
Candidates must be motivated to achieve high standards in both individual and procedural improvement, workplace safety, and environmental practice goals.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is a must for your application to be considered for this position.
- Phone answering and appropriate call routing – professionalism in taking calls that relate to a wide variety of matters (order placement, general information about our products and services, sample requests, customer complaints, etc.) and equally diverse group of callers (US/overseas; contractors/installers; students/architects/designers; home-owners; vendors, etc.).
- Thorough documentation of phone conversations in project folders or if messages are taken on behalf of others.
- Assist with follow-ups on projects at various stages.
- Accurate documentation.
- Ship and receive small packages.
- Assist with data entry.
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies.
- Assist with general office duties and upkeep of office equipment.
- Greet all visitors, issue visitor badges, and ensure that the appropriate party is notified in a timely manner.
- Professional, calm, enthusiastic, and pleasant.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Versatile and able to adapt to emerging technology and software as they relate to job functions.
- Quick learner with attention to detail.
- Able to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliably and consistently work 40 hours per week.
- Team player.
- Past experience in customer service (particularly in a manufacturing setting); marketing, design, or architecture is preferred.
Candidates can upload their resume; see below.
Sensitile is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We appreciate your interest in our Company and assure you that we are interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will aid us in seeking to place you in a position which, in our judgment, best meets your qualifications.We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or handicap, height, weight or any other protected status.