Material Handling-Packaging / Warehouse & Shipping Associate
We have an immediate, full-time opening.
Sensitile is a growing, Ypsilanti, Michigan-based company that designs and custom manufactures unique architectural materials. We are looking to add to our team outstanding individuals with unfaltering attention to detail, workplace safety, sound environmental practices, and production efficiency, as well as motivation to achieve high standards in individual and process-improvement goals.
The ultimate common goal is to provide our customers with quality innovative materials in a timely manner.
Associates may be assigned to work in any department, as necessary.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receiving, handling, sorting, and appropriate storage of raw materials.
- Learning and applying the best practices in handling of material at various stages of production in order to to facilitate processing, inspection, other production, storage, or shipping-related activities.
- Crate assembly.
- Warehouse organizing, maintenance, and housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Facilitate standardization of existing processes by providing accurate and consistent feedback.
Required Skills/Training/Experience & Attributes:
- Read, write, and speak English, and understand basic math concepts.
- Understand and follow instructions and other documentation,including safety procedures.
- Quick learner with attention to detail.
- Communicative and able to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as individually, in order to achieve high performance standards.
- Methodical and organized with good record-keeping and pattern-recognition skills.
- Use basic power tools (cordless drill, saws, nail guns, etc.) to assemble and disassemble crates and other packaging.
- Operate Hi-Lo and Pallet Jack.
Candidates can upload their resume; see below.
Sensitile is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We appreciate your interest in our Company and assure you that we are interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will aid us in seeking to place you in a position which, in our judgment, best meets your qualifications.We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or handicap, height, weight or any other protected status.